A playlist of cool things for cool kids!


Kids rock! There's no question about it. They are simply much cooler than you and me. This playlist is for those of us just trying to keep up with these mod toddlers and hip preschoolers. It's about promoting children's books, music, and other media that rock just as much as our kids do. Check out something cool for your cool kid.

Thursday, February 5, 2015

Have You Seen This Guy?

Hey! I'm at the SCBWI Winter Conference this weekend. If you see me, say hello.



SMALL TALK: I'm a Kentuckian living in Brooklyn. I've written lots of books for children including over a dozen books for Scholastic Education.

REAL TALK: I've got two projects on offer.

The Haunted Crayon 
[Middle Grade Chapter Book: 17,000 words, Ages 6-9]
Who’s afraid of the third grade?  Not Mark!  He has a Haunted Crayon that can bring his drawings to life beyond the page!  But is he about to be “drawn” into ridiculous danger by a buck-toothed vampire and a werewolf princess?

Scribble & Beep
[Picture Book: 32 pages, Ages 2-5]
Scribble and Beep are best friends, but that may be the only thing on which they agree in this quirky tale of a fastidious robot and a carefree doodle sharing a play date.

You can take a look at them here:
The Haunted Crayon
Scribble & Beep

THREE FUN FACTS I MIGHT SHARE 
AT THE GALA COCKTAIL PARTY SATURDAY NIGHT:
  1. I once had a beer with Maurice Sendak. 
  2. I also once sold books to J.D. Salinger. 
  3. New York Magazine called my indie-rock picture book Good Morning Captain the "world's most terrifying children's book.”